Wednesday, June 30, 2010

...so you can rest medicine

Saturday I came down with some kind of cold. I tried to push through it, especially since Husband left before the dawn on Sunday for a work trip to the city of brotherly love. No matter how I've tried to ignore my sinuses, the cold lingers.

As I lay in my empty California king bed last night, my eyes burning from my inflamed sinuses, I thought about what would really make me feel better: more sleep? someone to take the kids for even an hour? That old Nyquil commercial popped into my head and thought I'd come up with one of my own version. Because, the regular Nyquil wouldn't do much for me (in fact, it always keeps me awake...go figure).

Introducing Bay Area Mommy-Nomic's Super Nyquil for Sick Mommies:

The sniffling,
sneezing,
sore throat,
achy,
fever reducing,
toddler muting,
wet nurse for crying babies,
crisp sheeted bed in a quiet room with only the sound of the rain on the roof,
dishes done,
laundry folded,
dinner cooked and children fed,
babies bathed and dressed for bed,
deliver your favorite breakfast in bed after letting you sleep in as long as you wanted,
so you can get your rest
medicine.

Now that's not too much to ask, is it? : )

2 comments:

The Henry's said...

Love it! Hope you gett feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. And if they had coupons for it, it would be even better! :) Hope you get well soon - being sick as a mom is no fun!