Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I've been a little lax in the menu planning department lately. I'm not sure why. Just a few months ago I was planning out a month at a time and really loving it. But then I read a post on This Week for Dinner when Jane interviewed the author of French Women Don't Get Fat. The author, Mireille Guiliano, said that she doesn't plan meals, per se. Instead she goes to the market and finds what looks good and then builds her meals around that.

I've tried to adopt that approach, although it is a little different. I'm trying to hunt down sales a little bit more and then "shop" from my pantry for the week. I'm also looking at cooking blogs and leafing through my cookbooks for ideas still, but I'm not "planning" as much right now. We'll see how it works out.

I think this comes from being a true Gemini. The symbol of the Gemini sign is the twins, which means that a Gemini is almost always changing her mind and is often a study in contradictions. I think this is why it has been hard for me to stick to one method of budgeting, meal planning, etc. for very long. I fear it is something I will have to work to overcome. Although, the flip side to that is that I never get in a rut! : )

No comments: