Tuesday, June 8, 2010

House Party

I hosted a House Party this weekend for the Ball Canning Company. It was a fun way to get together with some of my friends and try out their canning products. We canned some strawberry jam...delicious and so very easy.

This is also the reason that I went over my budget this last week: I bought a 4 lb. package of strawberries at Costco to use in our jam. When I pulled them out for the party, more than HALF of them had gone bad! My friend ran to the store and bought four more pounds of strawberries so that we could make the jam. : ( Of course, when I go back to Costco I will have to let them know about this...

House Party is a win-win-win situation: the company wins by getting the word of mouth out about their products, you win by getting some great goodies to keep, and your friends win by getting to attend a fun party and take home some treats of your own.

For this House Party (my third), the GENEROUS Ball Company sent me a water canner with rack (very nice), a smaller plastic rack (called a Discovery Canner) that also came with three jars, a canning utensil set (jar lifter, magnetic lid lifter, funnel, etc.), coupons for free jars, coupons for $ off jars, and more. It was such an amazing "party pack". My friends got sent home with goodie bags with coupons and some pectin to make their own jam as well as the fruits of our labors.

If you're interested in signing up for a House Party, check out the available hosting opportunities here.

No comments: