Saturday, December 13, 2008

Frustration!

I went to Walgreen's today because I had some RR's expiring and I wanted to cash in on the spend $25, get $5 RR deal. The first store I went to, I ended up with a total of $24.94! 6 cents prevented me from getting my $5 RR! Arrgh! The problem is that when it subtotals, you don't know how much of that is tax. I did save a lot, though. My final total was $6.53 and I qualified for a $2 rebate (for the Scotch tape).

The second store I went to, I double checked my addition and ended up paying $9.31, receiving my $5 RR and getting $5 rebate for the Hershey's candy. Not bad, but it could have been better. : ( I ended up with several free items:
  • 2 rolls of Reynold's aluminium foil
  • 2 Sure deodorants
  • 2 3pks. Scotch tape (after rebate)
  • Dove beauty bar

Safeway was a great deal today. I bought 5 boxes of Kellogg's cereal for $0.49 each after savings and coupons! What a nice way to stock up!

No comments: