Monday, July 19, 2010

Bed Bath & Savings Beyond

A friend of mine works at Bed Bath & Beyond and told me a few little known facts:
  1. You can use expired 20% off coupons (you know, the ones you seem to get all the time until you actually want to use one)
  2. You can use more than one 20% off coupon in one transaction. In fact, you can use one 20% off coupon for each item in your transaction.
  3. If you don't have a coupon at the time of purchase, you can come back with your receipt and your coupon and get a price adjustment...whenever! There is no time limit!

So earlier in the year, I bought two new slipcovers for our couches at Bed Bath and Beyond without a coupon {gasp!}. (For shame, I know.) Then my friend told me about the little known facts above. After misplacing the receipt and miraculously finding it after cleaning out my junk drawer, I decided to put it to the test.

Today I took my receipt and two 20% off coupons (one of which was way expired) to get my price adjustment. And guess what...I walked out with $40 some odd dollars back on my Visa card. Suh-weet.

I was feeling so great about how smart I was when I walked out into the parking lot only to see that I had left one of the sliding car doors open. Doh! Oh well. I guess you can't win them all. : )

So check your filing system for old BB&B receipts and see if you can make some money out of nothing today!

No comments: