Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's in your fridge?

I was reading $5Dinners last night, looking for a few recipes, when I came across this one, in which Erin shared a way to keep that celery from going bad in your fridge. She chops it up and portions it out into baggies, then freezes it. When she needs to add some for soup, she just throws it in the pot frozen! Genius! Celery is one of those things that always seems to go bad at my house. I bought some celery yesterday and this morning, I chopped it all up and it's in the freezer right now. I set some aside and sliced that into celery sticks for Husband to put in his lunch.

While I was on a roll, I grabbed the five pound bag of carrots that was languishing in our fridge and sliced those babies up, too. Some were chopped to be added to soups, some were chopped to be eaten as a side dish, and the rest were sliced into sticks to join their celery brothers in Husband's lunch.

On tomorrow's agenda: chopping up some onions for freezing and making sweet potato french fries (to freeze) with the Garnet yams I bought at Safeway this week.

No comments: