Saturday, May 15, 2010

Super Savings Saturday

I am a CVS newbie. Long's just switched over to CVS in our area last year and I've been hesitant to try it out (despite all the great deals I see people getting on other blogs) because I was afraid of the ECB: the Extra Care Buck.
I was afraid of it because I didn't like the pressure of feeling like I had to go back into the store to redeem them. But my European trip has really prompted me to get back in the coupon game again, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's what I got today:


The first transaction:
2 Crest ProHealth Toothpaste @ $3.50 each
-2 $0.75 coupons from 5/2 P&G insert
-$2 ECB's I got from my Winter spending
Total: $3.98 out of pocket and I got $7 in ECB's

Second transaction:
1 Jumbo pack Huggies $8.49
2 Reach floss @ $1.99 each
-2 $1 coupons for Reach floss
-$3 coupon off Huggies
-$7 ECB's from transaction #1
Total: $1.65 out of pocket and I got $6 in ECB's ($2 for Huggies and $2 each for floss)
So I ended up getting everything in the picture for $5.63 and I have $6 in ECB's to spend for next time!

I chose the toothpaste and the floss because they gave me a lower out of pocket cost and I ended up "making money" on them by using coupons.


I also stopped at Nob Hill this week to pick up their super hot s'mores deal:

1 box Honey Maid graham crackers
1 6pk. Hershey's chocolate bars
1 bag Jet-puffed marshmallows
Total: 99 cents!

Sweet! You can find the e-coupon here. I think this is good through this Tuesday.

No comments: