Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm back...

I know, I know. I took a totally unexpected break from blogging...with no explanation. And now I come back, acting like nothing ever happened?

Well, I took a break from blogging over a year ago because I was in the throes of morning sickness with twin little girls to take care of and I was feeling a little bit overwhelmed.

Okay, a lot bit overwhelmed.

I've thought many times of coming back and have always found a reason not to (or a reason found me). But now I've got a little more experience under my belt and some new ideas I want to try, so you're welcome to come along with me. : )

Now I have three little girls and am trying desperately to maintain my monthly grocery budget while keeping three kids in diapers...and eating healthy.

That's another thing: we are cutting back on meat. The meat we do buy will be responsibly farmed (to the best of my knowledge, of course). I've been buying our meat at Whole Foods and other grocery stores that have hormone-free/antibiotic-free/vegetarian feed meat and poultry. Because that's more expensive than the 99 cents a pound stuff I was buying before, I've had to change my strategy. Less meat, but better quality.

I'm also trying to work in more organic food and more locally grown food. With the three little ones, I've decided not to do a garden per se this year. I do have strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I also have a grape vine that I planted this year. And I have a 5 in 1 tree with yellow peaches, white peaches, nectarines, plums, and apricots. So I'll be growing some of my own stuff. If I can get a few minutes to get some weeds pulled and ground worked over, I might get a couple tomato plants in. We'll see. I'm more about being realistic with my time and energy now. (Baby is still not sleeping through the night...9 months later.)

So there it is, what's been going on and what will be going on. Sorry to leave you in the lurch. Some things will be the same, but I think there will be some brand new stuff around here. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

No comments: