Wednesday, February 4, 2009

January Report

I'm not sure why it was so tough for me to stay on budget in January. I ended up going over my $440 budget by about $40. I did spend a little more on diapers this month because I got behind on the diaper deals, so I'll try to keep up better this month.

I did get $35.98 worth of free stuff this month,though, including:

  • $9 in free gas (Safeway power pump rewards)
  • 20 pk. Electrasol power tabs
  • Cascade rinse agent (from Right @ Home coupon booklet)
  • Classico pasta sauce (rec'd free coupon from mfr.)


I'm reducing my budget to $420 this month, which shouldn't be bad, considering there are only 28 days in this month! I signed up for a 4 week trial subscription to a CSA (community supported agriculture) and am really excited for it to start next week. I'm splitting it with my sister to save some money and to make sure that we use all that produce. I'll give you a report on how well it works for us. I'm hoping that by centering more of our meals around fresh produce, we will reduce our food budget.

I feel like I've gotten a little discouraged with my food budget because I'm having trouble finding the time to gather and organize my coupons, thus forgetting them before my shopping trips. Or I find out the item I've purchased is on sale the next week. Before my babies went to one nap, I used to plan my shopping during their second nap, but now that it's consolidated into one, I find myself using that time for other things! I know I need to get into a better schedule...they're not the only ones making the adjustment!

I hope you did well on your budgets for January. With the new month comes the chance to do better than before!

No comments: